Hadi Tamer Documents Collection consists of documents related to the institutions that the chemical engineer Hadi Tamer worked through his career, correspondences of his education abroad and occupational texts and articles related to conservation works in Turkey and in the World. In this respect, the collection houses archival documents that Hadi Tamer served through his career such as Istanbul Archeology Museums, Yeşilköy Air Force Academy and Istanbul Technical University Chemistry Faculty as well as correspondences related to the Military Museum. Documents related to the membership and activities of ICOM, correspondences of the chemical engineer with various laboratories and universities in Europe related to his education abroad and texts involving observations on various institutions such as museums and libraries in Europe that Hadi Tamer visited constitute an important part of the collection. As it is stated by Hadi Tamer in his conference speech text titled as “Impressions from Western Museums”, he visited and found a chance to work in 141 museums, 16 libraries and 37 laboratories in 42 cities and 12 countries.
The collection is a valuable source in terms of the archival materials it houses regarding the conservation works and applications in Turkey after the 1950s as well as presenting impressions of European museums and laboratories from the perspective of a chemical engineer of his time.
Working as a host official in Hagia Sophia Museum as a host official during his university, Hadi Tamer worked in Museums Chemical Laboratory (known as Kimyahane) as a Chemical Engineer in 1947 after graduating from Istanbul Technical University Department of Chemical Engineering in 1946. Besides his works in Museums Chemical Laboratory, Hadi Tamer also gave lectures in several institutions as Art Institute, Technical School and School of Applied Fine Arts, Yeşilköy Air Force Academy and Istanbul Technical University Faculty of Chemical Engineering. He also undertook an important role in reestablishing the Chamber of Chemical Engineering in 1955.